This week’s episode of Millionaire or Bust takes a look at the news of the week and looks at how being healthy can save money for us and the country.
Here are today’s segments and the associated articles and links:
By the Numbers
- Dow: Gained 310 points going from 9,713 to 10,023.
- Oil: Gained $1.12/barrel from $77.53 to $78.65.
- Gas: Dropped 2.4 cents/gallon going from $2.693/gallon to $2.669.
- Bank Failures: We had 5 more bank failures over the past week bringing the current total to 120.
Which Way is the Wind Blowing?
- Unemployment has hit 10.2%.
Health & Finance
- Five health care problems that cost $1 Trillion out of the $2.2 Trillion spent on Health Care in the USA every year.
Going forward Millionaire or Bust will be moving away from a weekly schedule, due to the fact that I need to dedicate more time and energy to our other website, BeingHealthy.TV. Talli and I are creating more and more content there every week and I needed to decide where to throw my main focus. As the bigger of the two sites, BeingHealthy.TV won. And speaking of winning, Talli’s audio podcast Being Healthy for Busy People is a finalist in the 2009 Podcast Awards. Back to the point though, MillionaireOrBust.com will still be producing content, but not on a regular schedule. As time permits and inspiration strikes, I’ll be producing podcasts and, new for me, blog posts on finance related topics. I will be moving away from news a bit to focus more on money saving tips and money making tips though.
Thank you to everyone who has supported the podcast and thank you to everyone who stays subscribed. It has been and continues to be an honor to have such a great group of listeners.
Sincerely, David van Sunder
If you enjoy Millionaire or Bust, please head on over to iTunes and give it a nice review. If you have some feedback on how to make the show better, shoot me an email and help me improve the show. I appreciate all your comments. Thanks for listening everyone!