I’m back from my vacation week. I want to thank Shawno of the Hyper Nonsense podcast again for stepping in and hosting the show for last week. It’s good to be back and stepping back in where I left off.
Here are the articles and links mentioned in this week’s show:
By the Numbers:
- Dow: Dropped 155 points from 9,820 to 9,665, but if you look back 2 weeks, it’s actually up 60 points from 9,605.
- Oil: Dropped $3.13/barrel from $68.69 to $65.56 in the past two weeks.
- Gas: Dropped 6.9 cents/gallon from $2.573/gallon to $2.504.
- The week before last we actually had 2 more bank failures.
- When you add in the failure of Atlanta-based Georgian Bank, which was closed last Friday, that brings our total for the year to 95.
- U.S. home prices rose 0.3% in July from the prior month.
- GM will restore 3,000 jobs as it prepares to raise output.
Where we were:
- Census: Recession had sweeping impact on US life
If you enjoy Millionaire or Bust, please head on over to iTunes and give it a nice review. If you have some feedback on how to make the show better, shoot me an email and help me improve the show. I appreciate all your comments. Thanks for listening everyone!