In this week’s episode of Millionaire or Bust, I talked about changing the way you think about shopping. But before that I updated you all on the news of the week:
- The coin toss was wrong, the Dow was up 597 points from 8,147 to 8,744 .
- Average Gas Price: $2.468/gallon down 8 cents from last week.
- Oil prices rise after positive US housing data.
- Four more banks fail.
- CIT clinches deal to stave off bankruptcy.
Then we had a segment I called: Felons & Fugitives, which is actually made up of a trifecta of stories from Reuters:
- Madoff’s prison life begins in North Carolina.
- Bayou fund founder gets 2 years for bail-jumping.
- Fugitive ex-CS trader arrested, faces new charges.
Then finally we got to the main topic which was changing the way you think about shopping because we all have out little prejudices and sometimes it costs us money. Money we spend that we don’t have to is money that could have been saved and invested. As part of the discussion, I discussed one last story.
- Back-to-school spending to drop 7.7%.
If you enjoy Millionaire or Bust, please head on over to iTunes and give it a nice review. If you have some feedback on how to make the show better, shoot me an email and help me improve the show. I appreciate all your comments. Thanks for listening everyone!