In this week’s episode of Millionaire or Bust, I talked about saving money by doing swaps rather than buying everything. But first I covered the news for the week:
- The coin toss was right again, the Dow was up! It’s been right 7 out of 9 times.
- 10 banks were cleared to repay the US Treasury $68 Billion in TARP funds.
- Gas prices were up again.
- Chrysler and Fiat made it official.
- The financial crisis spurred a spike in ‘suburban survivalists.’
Then I got into the main topic, which was swapping. I chose this topic because in a down economy, the best way to have more money in the bank is to save more money. For a lot of people who have lost jobs or taken pay or benefit cuts, that is difficult. This can help them. And for those who want to take this opportunity to invest more cheaply, this gives them an opportunity to have more money to invest.
The article mentioned during the topic and some links inside that article are:
- Squeezed by the economy, shoppers become swappers.
If you enjoy Millionaire or Bust, please head on over to iTunes and give it a nice review. If you have some feedback on how to make the show better, shoot me an email and help me improve the show. I appreciate all your comments. Thanks for listening everyone!